A software package US makers claim has the potential to revolutionise the handling of estate management has swept up its first UK housing industry customer.
SweepUP, introduced to the UK by Housing Support Pro, was launched at the CIH conference and exhibition back in June. This week Stockport Homes has become the first housing provider to go live with the software to manage its housing estate.
“Stockport Homes has a proud tradition of maintaining its estates, green spaces and communal areas and we could see that SweepUP’s functionality would complement our existing high standards,” said John Chambers, head of IT at Stockport Homes.
“We have been very impressed with some of SweepUP’s added value functions and in particular how easy it is for users to use. This solution addresses many of the day-to-day frustrations users and managers have had with legacy manual processes.”
SweepUP is claimed to offer users plenty of essential functionality as standard. This includes:
- Problem reporting: the package gives users the ability to report an issue in seconds. They can type a short description, take one or more pictures or videos and submit the issue instantly. Estate caretakers, cleaners and managers are notified and know exactly what to do instead of trying to guess what the customer needs
- Estate caretaking and cleaning instructions: SweepUP is said to help estate caretakers and cleaners understand what needs to be done and what the expectations are for the location they are servicing
- Language translator: The software’s Language Translator supports more than 100 languages, which means that all employees can select their language of preference for their messages and notifications
- Time tracking: Accurate time keeping will helps to manage the business efficiently, without waste
- Check in with a tap: Estate caretakers and cleaners can use the mobile app to check in and check out. Estate staff can click the “Map It” function to help them know where they need to go
- Scheduler: Scheduling caretakers and cleaners to single or multiple locations is said to be simple and fast. Managers can easily create shifts with start/end times and assign estate caretakers and cleaners
- Supply management: When supplies are low, customers are notified and are sent an email with a list of needed items.
- Dashboard: SweepUP provides trends data over the last 30, 90, 180 and 365 days for each location to help users understand how their team is performing over time. This feature also offers a real-time management tool that provides snap shot of all open complaints throughout the organisation. This enables users to identify their most challenging locations are and that estate’s team performance.
- Inspections: SweepUP provides managers with a tool to post-inspect estates and communal areas, including real time notes and photos. This means frontline staff get direct performance feedback. Inspections are easy to create or organize and can be as detailed as needed
Steve Lamb, Housing Support Pro’s ICT director, said: “We are pleased to be working with Stockport Homes as we believe that SweepUP has the ability to help improve Stockport Home’s facilities management and all for £3 per month per user.”
Chambers added: “There is also potential to apply this solution to other parts of Stockport Homes wider business, where routine assessments need to be carried out and real time visibility of issues can be reported and addressed.“
Photo: (Left to right) Steve Moffatt, caretaking team leader, with John Chambers, head of IT, for Stockport Homes and Glyn Cunnah, sales director for Housing Support Pro